Resume for Pete Swisher
PRODUCT MANAGER / BRAND MANAGER
Relocating to Orlando, FL Pete Swisher is a customer-oriented product management professional with over 7 years of experience in guiding innovative solutions to market, and over 12 years of experience at building long-term profitable customer relationships. Proven ability to keep teams focused, while consistently delivering products on time and on budget. A team player with highly developed communication, planning and leadership skills, including:
- Public Speaking
- Strategic and Marketing Planning
- Account and Partner Management - Product and Project Management
- Interface Design and Specification
- Thought Leadership
VFinity, Inc., (startup - New York, NY) 2006-2007
Sole responsibility for guiding a new “Web 2.0”-based digital media management product line to market, in addition to coordinating marketing and R&D resources worldwide
- Provided thought leadership as the sole author of “The Managed Web: A Look at the Impact of Web 2.0 on Media Asset Management for the Enterprise”
- Renewed interest in a lagging and non-competitive product line by giving a market focus to functionality; lowered adoption barriers with a SaaS (Software as a Service) delivery model
- Improved delivery timeframes from six months to one-to-two months, serving as the “Scrum Master” and “Product Owner” within an agile software development methodology.
- Increased VFinity’s capacity to fulfill projects with limited resources by encouraging adoption of best practices for project management, knowledge sharing and communication.
COMSTOCK, a division of Interactive Data Corporation (Harrison, NY) 2005-2006
Managed the pricing, support, specification and on-schedule implementations of a hosted market data solution
- Successfully managed the on-schedule delivery of over 25 market data implementation projects.
- Reduced customer complaints by 35% by resolving gaps in technical support procedures, initiating a training program for 1st and 2nd level support, and eliminating risky maintenance procedures.
- Wrote the winning RFP for the largest account my product had gained to date, $50,000 per month.
- Minimized delays and ensured stakeholders were always aware of project performance.
ARIS GLOBAL, LLC (Stamford, CT) 2003-2005
Responsibility for two pharmaceutical technology product lines; introducing and redesigning a medical case management solution, and a electronic regulatory submissions products
- Managed the first successful new product from Aris Global in the previous 3 years, winning business from the market leader; procuring 3 early adopters, including a long-time customer of a competitor.
- Sat on a panel of regulatory experts within 2 months of being given responsibility in the subject area.
- Generated leads by delivering product demonstrations and educational sessions on regulatory topics, and authoring white papers on Medical Communications best practices.
- Increased sales effectiveness by creating competitive analysis, 1-page “cheat sheets”, white papers, and brochures, responding to RFPs, providing product training and account support.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (New York, NY) 2002-2003
Managed a digital imaging solution for Celartem Technology USA, Inc. (Seattle, WA (formerly NY, NY))
- Provided industry expertise on digital asset management and publishing; eliminated poorly performing products from the product line; Developed business plan which encompassed demographics, competitors, strategic positioning, pricing, projected revenues, and risk; and authored a technical white paper on digital image scaling.
- Implemented marketing messages, demonstrations and sales kits which increased the profitability of all customer contacts for six sigma, digital media, and financial services clients.
QUARK, INC. (Denver, CO) 1997-2002
US Product Manager (2000-2002)
Responsibility for three products; sole responsibility for increasing the market share of the web interfaces to an enterprise-scale Content Management System (CMS), while also managing the US market for the CMS
- Led web-based interface to become the most widely used in the product line, responsible for a $418K operating budget and 9 employees worldwide, received stakeholder buy-in prior to development.
- Increased support revenues by 43% by stabilizing 7 previously unsuccessful customer accounts, preserving $1.2MM in total billings.
- Increased year-over-year product revenues by 67% worldwide.
- Managed relationships with top clients, including: Standard and Poors, Platts, McGraw Hill, Scholastic, Time Inc., Quill Corp., Kohler and the AMA.
Associate Product Manager (1998-2000)
Responsible for marketing activities, while also writing use cases, requirements, reviewing QA test plans and assisting with testing, and managing relationships with 3rd party software providers and integration partners
- Developed and managed Quark’s 1st early adopter (beta) program for an enterprise-level product, promoting market-driven enhancements which resulted in a 75% increase over 1st year revenues.
- Created and delivered a demonstration which generated more leads during a single tradeshow than had been generated at three previous shows combined.
- Increased productivity and customer focus of R&D and QA - even after a workforce reduction.
Technical Writer (1997-1998)
Wrote the documentation set and white papers for an Oracle-based CMS
- Documentation was 80% complete 5 months prior to release and 100% complete ahead of schedule; reduced packaging costs over 45% through an electronic document initiative.
- Eliminated redundancies company-wide by co-founding an editorial best practices workgroup.
Account Manager (1997)
Responsible for international distributor accounts exceeding $250K per order
- Created profitable relationships with international distributors during a corporate reorganization.
Fluency: BaseCamp, Salesforce.com, Mantis, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, QuarkXPress and Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Familiarity: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro, XML, HTML, Requisite Pro, and FileMaker
Bachelor of Arts: English Literature, STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT ALBANY (1996)
PUBLICATIONS / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
April, 2007: Sole Author - “The Managed Web: A Look at the Impact of Web 2.0 on Media Asset Management for the Enterprise”, Journal of Digital Asset Management, Volume 3, Issue 1, Palgrave
July, 2005: Presenter - “Develop and Implement an IT Platform for Effective Worldwide Communication and Information Exchange”, Global Medical Information conference, Center for Business Intelligence, Philadelphia, PA
December, 2004: Panelist - "Electronic Technology used in Regulatory Affairs”, Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society, Boston, MA
E-mail: psswisher at Yahoo dot com